Friday, May 18, 2012

Not like this. Not now.

I've never felt so alone. I don't know what it is about this time of year, but it's making me feels so isolated. Maybe that's not the right word. I think alone is better. It's simple.

It's probably because I'm different than I used to be, or at least I feel like I am. It seems to me that I've been too choosy about who my friends are, and the friends I'm choosing are subtly shooting me in the foot. I accept it because I think I'm enjoying their company, when in fact I'm enjoying the image I'm giving off by associating myself with them. I realized this for the first time today, and so my immediate instinct was to be more open in who I let into my life. But I've made an observation. They've changed me. Whether they know it or not. I can't just let any kid be my friend now; they have to pass my test. It isn't easy. So, I'm basically not giving anyone any chance.

Another big thing is the fact that I've never been comfortable with my own age group. I've always tended to hang out with the older crowd. This has never really been a problem, because they've never been that much older than me. But now that I've grown, they're making big changes. Going on missions. Going to college. Moving away forever. It's not going well in my favor.

My family is great. But we are all so disconnected. My only brother is in his 30's, and so is my only sister. I'd love to tell them my sad tales, like all of you folks who's families are so close. But they're both married, and have their own families to worry about. If I could, I would talk to my parents, but they only seem to understand a minimal amount of what I tell them.

I just feel so alone. And all I want is someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment